2022-2023 District Goals
To ensure that all students will receive social and emotional support to become adaptable, confident citizens who embody self-awareness and strong interpersonal skills, and who are capable of responsible decision-making and managing their behaviors.
- Gather data regarding implementation of social-emotional learning standards, both in curriculum and practice
- Analyze what effective instruction looks like through the lens of SEL
- Engage staff in professional development that allows for the understanding of core beliefs about instructional practices
To improve the culture and community by enhancing inclusiveness, cultural awareness, anti-racism and acceptance of individual differences through curricular programs and district operations.
- Increase acceptance of and appreciation for cultural diversity and economic and social differences
- Expand institutional awareness by incorporating content and methodologies that promote justice and equity for all
- Work with teachers to make instruction more responsive to diversity and inclusive of various cultures
- Implement professional development and school based programming focused on diversity, anti-racism and cultural inclusivity in teaching and learning in order to create a common language and set of expectations for the school community
- Explore developing opportunities for family engagement
To advance student learning by gathering data through formative assessments that measure student understanding, and use that data to provide timely feedback and inform instruction.
- Analyze current and archived NWEA Map and I-Ready data to identify learning gaps
- Provide direct, targeted instruction through the RTI programs
- Analyze and reflect on instructional approaches during Professional Learning Communities and Teaching and Learning meetings